Direct Patient Care
- Visit with patient/family on a regular basis for companionship and emotional support.
- Stay with patient for short periods of time to provide respite for caregivers.
- Run errands or provide transportation.
Kids Path Program Support
- Run errands and provide respite to caregivers.
- Help with CHAMP Camp, an annual camp for grieving children.
- Help with our Aarvy Aardvark Puppet show.
- Staff the reception desk at Beacon Place and Kids Path by providing a welcoming presence to visitors, answering the phone and transferring calls to staff and residents.
- Assist with various administrative tasks, such as recording information in patients’ charts, filing medical records,writing acknowledgements for donations and computer data entry.
- Attend public events, such as health fairs to explain HPCG services, funding and how the community might support HPCG.
- Provide help in traffic direction, ushering and greeting at special events such as Light Up A Life or Corks for Kids Path.
- Tend gardens and grounds around our campus to promote a year-round atmosphere of serenity and natural beauty for visitors and residents.
- Host a special occasion at Beacon Place such as an ice cream social, cookout or cookies and punch.
- Prepare home-cooked meals for our families.