For Medical Providers
Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro’s medical outreach team is dedicated to strengthening communication with health care providers, such as long-term care communities, physician practices and home health agencies.
We Can Assist You With
- Scheduling in-service opportunities.
- Delivering relevant resource materials.
- Coordinating referrals for hospice care and palliative consults.
- Fulfilling Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) service agreements.
- Identifying barriers or deficiencies specific to your partnership with HPCG.
- Maintaining open communication with HPCG’s interdisciplinary team.
- Providing resources on end-of-life care issues for you and your staff.
- Adding value to your patient, resident or client’s life.
To learn more, call 336.621.2500 or contact us online here.
Opening Doors to Better End-of-Life Care
Our patients often tell us that they wish their physician had recommended hospice care sooner. But we know many physicians struggle with determining if their patients are ready to consider hospice. We can help you determine if your patients are hospice-appropriate and can benefit from hospice support. Through our home visits, we can act as your eyes and ears in the home and gain a clear view of what your patients are experiencing and if hospice may be the answer.
For help determining hospice eligibility, download the Hospice Admission Criteria booklet here.
Comprehensive Support for Your Patients
Under your guidance, our hospice nurse and medical director will address issues with relieving pain and shortness of breath and the sleeplessness, anxiety and depression that commonly develop with a life-limiting illness. We also excel at managing patients’ spiritual and psychological needs, a critical aspect of providing quality care near the end of life. And we’ll be there to support family caregivers by reducing their growing stress, providing counseling services and offering spiritual support.