Companions on the Journey
In this spiritual care conference, you will gain a better understanding of the dying process, and discover how you can be a more effective companion on the end-of-life journey.
Thursday, September 28
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This spiritual care conference is appropriate for all faith communities and clergy, lay and stephen ministers, chaplains, spiritual caregivers and congregational nurses.
You will learn about:
- Different disease trajectories, from a hospice doctor, nurse, social worker and chaplain
- Signs and symptoms that a patient is nearing the end of life
- How to help strengthen spiritual resilience
- How to meet psychospiritual needs specific to the end of life
- The importance of advance directives and how to find help completing them
The seminar is approved for six contact hours with hospice. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Register early and save! Registration fee is only $25 through July 5. After July 5, registration is $35 per person.
Lunch will be provided.
Questions? Contact Beverly Isley-Landreth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker information coming soon!