When we think about our organization’s mission—Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro (HPCG) enhances the quality of life by providing expert interdisciplinary care, consultation, support and education for those affected by serious illness, death or grief—we recognize the profound need for our staff to work as a united team to assist the individuals and families we support. Empowering our staff through our service standards, along with our organizational standards, we are able to begin our relationship with our patients and their families by asking, “What do you want?” HPCG staff is equipped with the support and resources to then tailor patient care to support their goals and wishes. We believe that everyone deserves extraordinary service, internally and externally, and strive to provide that service in every interaction because we believe in capturing moments that really matter.
Our Service Standards
- I am committed to our mission and understand the purpose of my work.
- I have a professional and positive approach with every interaction.
- I am a proud ambassador; therefore, I speak positively and am knowledgeable about our organization. I am HPCG.
- I am empowered to exceed expectations.
- I am eager to serve and be responsive. I anticipate our customers’ needs.
- I will engage our customers by adhering to our telephone etiquette standard.
- I communicate openly, honestly and respectfully.
- I collaborate with team members to facilitate positive experiences.
- I work like I own it and follow through to get the job done. I will never say, “That’s not my job.”